Submitted By: Liz Irizarry on behalf of Michael Morsberger, Vice President Advancement and CEO, UCF Foundation, Inc.
Submitted For: UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving
Subject: UCF Alumni Scholarships - DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving Scholarship applications DEADLINE EXTENDED until to April 12, 2020 (midnight).
Each year UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving awards scholarships to UCF students demonstrating strong academic ability and significant extracurricular and community involvement. UCF Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving is pleased to again offer more than a dozen scholarship opportunities for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Applications are now available on A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/). You are encouraged to apply for as many scholarships for which you are eligible.
How to apply through A2O:
1. Read all scholarship criteria online at https://ucfalumni.com/get-involved/students/scholarships to determine which you may be eligible for.
2. Log in to A2O: Access to Opportunities (https://ucf.academicworks.com/).
3. Complete the general application if this is your first time logging in.
4. Browse available scholarships > click "Opportunities" and select "Ours" then search for the specific scholarship you are looking for.
5. Complete and submit application(s) and all required supporting documents.
*No paper applications will be accepted. Scholarship applications are only available online through the A2O portal. You will only see scholarships for which you meet the basic eligibility requirements.
IMPORTANT! Please read each scholarship application carefully to make sure you meet ALL of the specific criteria required for each scholarship before applying. Criteria used to determine eligibility includes, but is not limited to: GPA, class standing, academic program and campus involvement. If you do not see a particular scholarship, you do not meet one or more of the basic eligibility requirements (refer to our FAQs at https://ucfalumni.com/get-involved/students/scholarships.
- Charles N. & Frances Millican Scholarship - senior serving in a leadership role
- Jack & Monica Thorsen Veteran Scholarship - any class standing, served in the U.S. Military
- Phoenix Scholarship - non-traditional student, junior class standing
- St. Onge Family Leadership Endowed Scholarship - undergrad, sophomore or junior class standing serving in a leadership role
- UCF Alumni Fellows Leadership Scholarship - any class standing
- UCF Alumni Legacy Scholarship - undergrad, any class standing, parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
- Amy G. Buchman, '95, Memorial Endowed Scholarship - any class standing, permanent resident of Tampa Bay area.
- College of Business Administration Alumni Chapter Scholarship - junior, senior or graduate student class standing enrolled in the College of Business Administration
- Debbie K. Phillis Space Coast UCF Alumni Chapter Endowed Scholarship - any class standing, permanent resident of Brevard County in Florida
- Dr. William K. Grasty Memorial Scholarship - undergrad, junior or senior in the Nicholson School of Communication
- Lee A. Dumas Memorial Endowed Scholarship - any class standing, permanent resident of Volusia/Flagler counties in Florida
- UCF Regional Alumni Chapter/Club Scholarships:
*Jacksonville UCF Alumni Club Scholarship - any class standing, permanent resident of Duval, Clay, St. Johns or Nassau counties in Florida
*Southeast Florida Knights Scholarship - any class standing, permanent resident of Dade or Broward counties in Florida, preference to those who are incoming freshman
*Tampa Bay Knights Legacy Scholarship - any class standing, permanent resident of the Tampa Bay Area, preference to those whose parent/grandparent/legal guardian are UCF graduates
*Chicago UCF Alumni Chapter Scholarship - any class standing, preference given to a UCF student from the state of Illinois.
The deadline to apply has been extended to midnight Sunday, April 12, 2020. Late, incomplete or paper applications will not be considered.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407.823.2586.